Anthony I. Jackson, LCSW
Voice Mail: (562) 507-1182
New clients, please call
Works at: Long Beach
• Knowledge of human behavior and how to implement psychological and sociological theories with clients when
conducting assessments and treatment planning of mental health disorders.
• Mental Health experience working with adults utilizing a variety of theoretical perspectives in individual
• Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of mental
disorders, and DMH paperwork.
• Understanding of psychiatric hospitalization requirements and procedures.
• Ability to work and collaborate with colleagues and be a positive team member.
• Patient, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and meet agency productivity requirements.
Walden University, Online Doctoral Program, Minneapolis, MN
• Doctorate of Social Work (currently attending- graduation expected 2018)
• Concentration in Medical Social Work
California State University, Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA
• Master of Social Work (May, 2013)
• Concentration in Community Mental Health
California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology (May, 2011)
• Concentration in Social Work
• Minor in Human Services
Cypress College, Cypress, CA
• Associate of Arts Degree in Sociology (May, 2009)
Psychotherapist: June 2017 - Present, Associated Therapists, Long Beach, CA
• Provide psychosocial assessments, mental status examinations and psychological diagnosis
• Conduct psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, individuals and couples
• Assist clients in developing treatment plan to meet mental health goals
• Provide safety and risk assessments and provide appropriate treatment and response
• Provide necessary resources and referrals
Psychiatric Social Worker: August 2013 - Present, Kedren Acute Psychiatric Hospital & Community Mental Health
Center, Adult Outpatient Unit, Los Angeles, CA
• Provide psychosocial assessments, mental status examinations and psychological diagnosis.
• Development and implementation of treatment plans coordinated with multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide individual psychotherapy with adults experiencing mental health disorders.
• Assess for suicide/homicide plans/intent, crisis intervention and assist with 5150 psychiatric
• Provide case management, discharge planning and resource referral
• Meet agency productivity requirements. HIPAA compliance
• Trained in CORS (Crisis Oriented Recovery Services), ICBT (Individual Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy) and MI
(Motivational Interviewing) evidence-based practices
• Advocate for clients to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
MSW Intern Clinician: September 2012 – May 2013, Pacific Asian Counseling Services, Cal Works, Long Beach, CA
• Counsel adults that experience mental health disorders to increase level of daily functioning
• Co-facilitated parenting skills psycho-educational group for parents court mandated by the
Department of Children and Family Services as well as volunteer parents
• Develop and write treatment plans, progress notes, diagnostic summaries and additional DMH
• Assign diagnoses and collaborate with case management and agency team members
• Conduct substance use and suicide/homicide ideation assessments
• Maintain confidentiality of records relating to client treatment. HIPAA compliance
• Advocate for clients in to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
MSW Intern Children’s Social Worker. September 2011 - May 2012, Orange County Children and Family
Services, Permanency Services Planning, Orange, CA
• Conduct monthly interviews with children put into the foster care system that were victims of child abuse
(physical, sexual, emotional, and neglect) as well as their parents and foster caregivers
• Meet with biological parents to address goals of family reunification and receive updates on court mandated
requirements (therapy, drug & alcohol treatment, and additional case plan requirements) as well as receive
updates and address issues from foster caregivers about placement issues and child concerns
• Monitor children visits with their biological parents
• Court report writing
• Providing resources and linking referrals
Day Center Volunteer. January 2011 – April 2011, Together: UK, London, United Kingdom
• Study abroad internship at a day center for adults with mental health disorders in London, England
• Duties included running and participating in activity and social groups with clients and monitoring the
• Provided individual conversation and mentoring
• Provided resources and linking referrals
Information and Referral Specialist Volunteer. August 2010 – December 2010, 2-1-1 Orange County, Irvine, CA
• Call center duties included providing callers with information and referrals to health and human service agencies
in the Orange County area.
• Referrals were given for counseling services, rental assistance, food services, clothing, shelters and additional
New clients, please call
office number. Do not call therapist.
Administrative information needs to be gathered before
Page last updated: 8/6/2017